Unit for manufacturing bromine from used bromine brines
Location: Plaine de l’Ain Industrial Park – Saint-Vulbas (01)
Project Phase: Preliminary Project-Summary studies necessary to determine the amount of investment and obtain operating costs.
Study period: 2 months
Tredi, a company specialising in the treatment of industrial waste, is planning to build a bromine manufacturing unit (Br2, 30,000 t/year) using used bromine brines (sodium bromide and/or potassium bromide in aqueous solutions of varying concentrations.
Project background: Tredi has the technology to extract bromine from brine for lower production and wants to obtain a Capex for 30,000 t/year based on this technology.
Emdelen Mission :
- Definition of the block diagram of the unit defining the main functions
- Used brine disposal area
- Storage of used and purified brines
- Static furnace and hardening
- Oil discharge area and oil storage for furnace combustion
- Treatment of combustion fumes
- Bromine extraction and storage
- Various utilities (Soda, hydrochloric acid, natural gas, compressed air)
- Development of PDF schemas (Process Flow Diagram) after validation of the block schema
- Technical specification and consultation of the main packages: static furnace, quenching, smoke treatment and bromine extraction
- Vertical static brine combustion furnace, dual-fuel natural gas/oil burners 3 MW
- Smoke quenching system for cooling from 800 °C to 70 °C (graphite quench and water spray)
- Purification of flue gases by venturi and spray column, devesicator and scrubber with activated carbon filling, extraction of purified bromine brines
- Bromine extraction columns with steam and chlorine injection
- Realization of the overall plans of the installations for internal costing of the civil engineering, structural, piping and electrical/instrumentation/automation lots
- Realization of utility diagrams
- Establishment of the electrical balance sheet and list of motors
- Estimate of CAPEX (at +/-25%) and OPEX
Total amount of the project :
Range A < €10 million
Range B: between €10 and €20 million
Range C: between €20 and €50 million
Range D > €50 million
You can find our different realizations on industrial effluent and chemistry and innovative materials by clicking on the following links.