Specialty Industry – New Production Line for Silicon Carbide Nanoparticles
Location: Rambouillet (78)
Project phase: Engineering studies
Project duration: 18 months
Project background: the start-up NANOMAKERS called on EMDELEN to strengthen its capacity to produce nanoparticles, which are generated from a laser pyrolysis process. Main applications: reinforcement of polymer or composite materials, lithium-ion batteries.
- Review of the production rate to increase the plant’s productivity
- Assessment, sizing of equipment and drafting of technical specifications
- Implementation of the new production line in the existing workshop
- Work specification (piping, EIA)
- Writing of the functional analysis and HAZOP
- Writing a process book
Total amount for the project:
Range A: < €10 million
Range B: between €10 and €20 million
Range C: between €20 and €50 million
Range D > €50 million
Special point: New “zero emission” production line (gas, dust, etc.) with maximum containment and vacuum work.
You can find our different realizations on cheminstry and innovative materials by clicking on the following link.